Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 20

This assignment was just too much fun! After I finished watching book carts drills and library flash mob pranks, I was able to find some practical applications for videos in the library. One Texas library won a "Why I Love the Library" contest; this would be fun to do with students. I found a very good orientation for the beginning of the school year that detailed hours and rules. A librarian posted a video showing her library and why she loves her job. That one interested me because she described getting to know her favorite authors and the worlds they had created. Another good one showed the "life cycle" of a picture book. A child selected it, checked it out, took it home and was very careful with the book; she returned it, and the librarian explained how it was checked in and returned to the shelf. I may do something like this - thanks for the ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment