Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 23

I finished it! Here is my summary:

Favorite things:
Flickr - endless and well-organized supply of images
Image generators - I see so much potential in the classroom with these
Facebook - on a personal level, this was my favorite, because I have reconnected
with so many people, and I keep up relatives and friends so easily. Thanks for
leading me to this one; I doubt I would have done it on my own.
Delicious - professionally, this is very valuable. I have used it to sort out only work-
related sites, and it's nice to have them all in one place.
Tags - this helped me to see that there is organization to the Internet
LibWorm - I don't always stay current with what is going on in the library world,
and this will help me to do that.

Least favorite things:
I doubt I'll use Ning or IM very often; there are just too many other things out there
that serve the same purpose in a more accessible manner.

Most Challenging:
The image generator from Big Huge Labs was fun to play with, but it took a long time to
tweak.
I had a hard time with the wetpaint wiki; after about ten tries, I read on another post that
sub-pages needed original titles.

Thank you so much for organizing the 23 Things. When I first saw them, I thought the list was a little daunting, but I was able to finish them and pick up a great deal of information along the way. Best of all, I now feel confident enough to share this information with other librarians and the teachers and staff at my school. I took many pages of notes, so hopefully I'll be able to go back to them if I need a refresher. I also am happy that I now understand so much of the 2.0 jargon that left me baffled before. The Things will be very helpful to me in the coming school year.

1 comment: