Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 21

Podcasts...I had good and not-so-good experiences. I enjoyed a virtual podcast tour of an Air Force museum and viewed a house for sale in Austin. I was disappointed by a Nancy Keene booktalk; she reviewed a book I had read (Runaway Radish) and either it was not the same book - I checked Amazon to see if a duplicate title exists, and found none - or she just made up a new story out of her head. I then moved on to a public library podcast of Tikki Tikki Tembo, and while they at least the right plot, the words in the story were totally changed. Less disappointing was a podcast about research done by second-graders at an elementary school. I would love to try something like that with my students. I then read blogs of other NT23 users and discovered justonemorebook.com, which is an excellent site, and now on my Delicious account. On another good note, the audio quality on all podcasts I listened to was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment